07 March 2018: Western Australian School of Mines (WASM) and CRC ORE are pleased to announce they will again be running the special two-day “Gold Plant Operators Course” on the extraction and recovery of gold in 2018.
The course cost is $990.00 GST inclusive. Courses will be scheduled around Australia, based on demand. Please register your interest using the online form below.
Gold Plant Operators Course
28th and 29th of April (Saturday & Sunday)
Kalgoorlie, Western Australia
We've included more information about the course under the registration form.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE GOLD PLANT OPERATORS COURSE
The Gold Plant Operators Course covers geology, crushing, grinding, cyanide leaching, carbon-in-pulp/leach, flotation, gravity separation, treatment of refractory ores, environmental aspects, new developments in process technology and other topics.
It is particularly useful for people who require a better understanding of the gold extraction process to assist them in practical applications. It attracts a broad spectrum of attendees, from mine managers and mill superintendents, plant foreman and senior operators through to geologists, equipment manufacturers, police units and investment advisers, consultants and others.
Developed by the team at the WA School of Mines and supported by CRC ORE, this course has been run more than 50 times in locations across Australia since it its inception in 1987.
PROVISIONAL COURSE OUTLINE
The course runs for approximately ten hours each day
and consists of lectures and discussion.
- 8:30 – 8:40 am Welcome and Introduction
- 8:40 – 11:30 am Geology and Mineralogy
- 11.40 – 1:00 pm Crushing, Milling
- 1.00 – 1:30 pm LUNCH (provided)
- 1.30 - 4.00 pm Gravity Separation, Flotation
- 4:10 – 5:10 pm Sampling & Assay
- 5:10 pm – onwards Grade Engineering Introduction and Case Studies
- 8.30 – 10:30 am Chemistry
- 10:40 – 11:00 am Flowsheets, CIP, Roasting
- 1.00 - 1.30 pm LUNCH (provided)
- 1.30 – 3.00 pm Refractory Ores, New Technology
- 3:10 – 5:00 pm Environmental Issues
- 5.00 pm - onwards Further Discussions & Certificate Presentations
Course materials, morning and afternoon teas and lunch provided
$990.00 GST inclusive
The course’s qualified presenters are all experienced in their particular fields. A good balance between theory and practical experience is maintained. The presenters will be drawn from the following:
- Adjunct Professor Jeff Vaughan BSc(Hon), PhD(UNE), MAusIMM
Former Academic Head of the Mining Geology Programme at the WA School of Mines. Consultant on process mineralogy.
- Dr Denis Yan MSc, PhD(NSW), MAIME, MAusIMM
Adjunct Associate Professor, Western Australian School of Mines.
- Dr Richard Browner BSc(Hon), PhD(WA)
Associate Professor in hydrometallurgy and metallurgical chemistry at the WA School of Mines. Consultant on gold hydrometallurgy.
- Professor Steve Hall PhD
Professor/ Executive Director MEA. Former Director Western Australian School of Mines.
- Dr Laurence Dyer PhD
Teaching and Research lecturer, refractory ores. Western Australian School of Mines.
- Dr Bogale Tadesse
Teaching and Research Lecturer, mineralogy, Western Australian School of Mines.
- Dr Boris Albijanic
Teaching and Research Lecturer, flotation. Western Australian School of Mines.