Dr Michael Scott
Senior Project Evaluation Specialist
Dr Michael Scott is a technical specialist in the evaluation of Grade Engineering strategies and emerging innovations and technologies.
Michael has a background in commerce, science, mining engineering and mining economics and has experience working within multidisciplinary teams at commercial laboratories, research institutes and consulting organisations.
Michael has worked with CRC ORE participants to develop business cases and strategic plans for:
- Grade Engineering: screening, differential blasting, sensing and sorting
- Throughput engineering: including Mine 2 Mill and pre-crushing studies
- Operational productivity improvements: Automated drill and blast, load and haul, and energy efficiency benchmarks
- Sensing for advanced grade control and Grade Engineering at the mining face
- Pebble rejection and pebble sorting
- Project optimisation